This post is going to be about just what the title says: reading. On vacation.
Reading on vacation is obviously a whole different experience from reading at home. When you're reading on vacation, you can pretty much read whenever and wherever you want. For example, I'm in Florida right now, and reading is a whole different experience from reading at my house, at school, or somewhere in New York City (where I live). I can read on the beach, at the pool, IN the pool-anywhere, really, and it'll be a very different experience from your average everyday reading at home, in bed, at work, at school.
Reading is also a great experience on colder vacations, such as ski trips. You can read in the snow, read inside where it's nice and warm with a cup of hot chocolate, or maybe even, if you're as insane as me, while you're skiing or snowboarding.
The reason I keep saying "you" is because I'd like for you, the reader of this, to try and get as close as possible to experiencing the stuff I'm saying as much as possible. So just for a second, try and pretend you're with me here in Florida. Feel the warmth of 78 degrees with a light breeze and a blue sky with few clouds. Pretend you're on the beach, feeling the sand, or at the pool, feeling the warm water in the cross-shaped pool itself. It's probably great, right? Well, I'll tell you firsthand it is.
So anyway, the character in one of the stories I'm reading right now is on a vacation. He's not reading, but the fact that I'm reading a book about a character who is on vacation while I'm on vacation gave me an idea: the idea to write this post.
So. My book is called "Between a Rock and a Hard Place", and it's the basis for the major movie "127 Hours", which was nominated in the Oscars for best picture. Anyway, the book is about a guy who goes on a vacation to some national parks in Utah, and in one, a rock falls, hits him and he gets trapped under it.
What I've learned in this is you obviously got to be careful on vacation, and reading on vacation is always a good way of being careful, and entertained, along with being entertained by all the other things you can do on vacation. Well, I think I may go to the beach or pool now, or maybe read in the sun a little, so...til next time. And don't forget to read on your next vacation!
No comments:
Post a Comment